Kelcema Audio was developed from the Live Audio efforts of Kelcema Productions, launched on April 1st, 2014.
By relaunching our Live Audio business into a new company structure, we can focus our efforts on quality concerts, festivals and parades. We've retained the main focus of Kelcema Productions:
To provide quality events,
while keeping costs down.
Our Sound Engineering & Production Crew:
• John Stabe, Project Manager (Portland Based)
• David Salonen, Operations Manager (Seattle Based)
• Jeff Lombardi (Seattle Based)
... and other freelance contractors as needed. We've got a large rolodex of talent to draw upon as needed!
If you are interested in joining our team, please email us! We always accept résumés from highly qualified individuals, and will keep your application on file for a period of six months from the date we receive it.
We offer competitive rates of pay, provide all gear for events, along with transportation out of Seattle (and lodging if applicable) when needed, plus plenty of perks. See our RedBull fridge that is mounted in a road case, and lives on the truck! We also extend an amazing Employee Discount for use of company equipment when it is available. You should be fun, enthusiastic, and dedicated to upholding our high standards of service!
-- basic employment ad --
KELCEMA AUDIO, INC is always looking for fun, energetic and enthusiastic people to join our production team for live sound and other kinds of events! We need new technicians in both Seattle and Portland to handle our growing roster of clients. Most of our events are during the summer, but we do events year round, so the events don't stop when the sunshine does. Experience counts, but so does a passion for music, and the ability to think quickly on the feet.
- working weekends (Friday to Sunday), and can involve long days.
- Self-sufficient and Reliable. You have a reliable vehicle to get to the event or to meeting with our trucks, with a valid driver's license, and a good driving record. (I won't check, but I'd prefer it if you not get in an accident while speeding to a gig!) Please note if you have a CDL or other professional driving certifications. You'll get event and client information from our office, and be expected to handle all stated responsibilities, including showing up on time.
- Exposed to the best of the current industry technology, including digital consoles, line array sound systems and electrical power generation.
- "Behind the scenes" for many major events in the Pacific Northwest. Don't gawk.
The Ideal Candidate...
- Knows how to "over-under" cables.
- Has an advanced technical knowledge of sound systems, including microphones, consoles, monitors, and festival stage operations.
- Knows when to buckle down to the work, but also when to speak up! Practices safe power and rigging principles at all times. If they notice something wrong, they speak up to ensure safety of the whole team.
- Is customer-service oriented. We believe that the customer is not always right, because that's a "win-lose" mentality. We don't just
rent our customers gear, we partner to provide a successful presentation. We satisfy our clients by providing unparalleled quality of service to the client, their staff, their vendors, their sponsors-- and to the public!
- Is a Salesperson- can confidently sell our company, our services, and extras not only at our events, but also at planning meetings and trade shows.
- Is professional, in his/her dealings with customers, other vendors, and the office staff. Our clients rave about the professional service that they receive from our staff.
And most importantly- wants to have fun working for a small but growing Sound and Event Production company!
Your résumé should be submitted to hr @ kelcema.com (Remove spaces, of course!). Please include any relevant sound/audio experience, paid or not, as well as a head shot if available. Finally, we would appreciate one to two references that can attest to your skills, attitude, or experience. Those chosen for interviews will be contacted for an in-person interview with the company owner. All applicants will receive a response.
Compensation is commensurate upon experience. We pay above-average wages.
Thank you for your time- we look forward to hearing from you!
A Partial Client List
• American Cancer Society
• Arthritis Foundation
• Audio NW
• Boy Scouts of America
• Carlson Sound and Lights
• City of Seattle
• Downtown Seattle Association
• Everfree Northwest
• Face Vocal Band
• Festivals, Inc
• Gary Mason Entertainment
• Guerilla Audio
• Hmong Association of Washington
• Hollywood Lights
• Human Rights Campaign
• LeTip International
• Linfield College
• Markham Group
• Midway Production Services
• Morgan Sound
• Neighbours Nightclub
• Order of the Arrow
• Oyster Bay Inn
• People's Co-Op
• Presentation Technologies
• R Place
• Seamless Event Solutions
• Seattle Counseling Service
• Seattle Marathon Association
• Seattle Men's Chorus and Seattle Women's Chorus
• Seattle Pride
• Seattle PrideFest, LLC
• Seattle Seahawks
• Soulful Giving Foundation
• South Lake Union Chamber of Commerce
• Tulalip Casino
• Uniting Souls
• University of Washington
• US Chamber of Commerce
• West Coast Event Productions
A Partial Event List
• Anime Milwaukee (2019)
• AnthroNW (2017 to Current)
• Arthritis Walk (Bellevue, Tacoma, Snohomish County) (2013 to Current)
• Ballard Fall Fishermen's Festival (2013 to Current)
• Bernie Sanders Campaign Appearance, Safeco Field, March 2016
• Bernie Sanders Campaign Appearance, Springfield, Oregon, April 2016
• Biggest Little Fur Con (BLFC)(2017 to Present)
• Boyz II Men at the Tulalip Amphitheater
• Bryan McKnight at the Tulalip Amphitheater
• CCWA Annual Banquet (2016 to 2019)
• Denny Park "Snow Day" 2018 to Current
• Duran Duran at Angel of the Winds Arena, Everett, WA
• Family Day at Cal Anderson Park (Presented by PrideFest Seattle)
• Furlandia (Portland, OR, 2016 to Current)
• FURther Confusion, San Jose, CA, 2016 to Current
• Furvana, Ocean Shores, WA, 2019-Current
• ICON (A Fundraiser for Seattle Counseling Service)
• ICRA 2015
• Joe Biden Campaign Appearance, Capitol Hill, WA, June 2019
• Joe Biden Campaign Appearances, Seattle, WA, November 2019
• LeTip Power Networking Event
• MAG West (2018-2019)
• Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
• Microsoft's Windows 10 Launch Event, Summer 2015
• North Bend Block Party
• Oregon Brewers Festival
• Pat Benetar and Neil Giraldo at The Tulalip Amphitheater
• PAW Con, San Jose, CA (2017 to Current)
• Port Orchard Jingle Bell Run
• Portland Pride Festival
• Former President Bill Clinton Campaign Appearance, Spokane, WA, March 2016
• Pride Asia
• Relay for Life (Multiple Events, 2004 to 2017)
• Rick Springfield at The Tulalip Amphitheater
• Run 21 "Resurrection"
• Seahawks Pre-Game Rallies
• 2015 Seattle Children's Hospital Fundraising Gala at Safeco Field
• Seattle Marathon Association Kid's Run (Since 2013)
• Amica Seattle Marathon (Since 2013)
• Seattle Pride presents Volunteer Park Festival (Since 2010)(Formerly Seattle Pride Family Picnic)
• Seattle Pride Parade (Exclusive Provider Since 2007)
• Seattle PrideFest (Key Supplier since 2007)
• Seattle Trans Pride
• Section W-1S Conclave for Order of the Arrow, 2018 to Present
• Soulful Giving Foundation Blanket Concert
• St. John's Bizarre, 2017 to Present
• Summer Meltdown
• Texas Furry Fiesta, 2017 to Present
• Tinnabulation Music Festival, Spokane, WA (2017)
• University of Portland Commencement, Back to School Events (2017 to Current)