Kelcema Audio was developed from the Live Audio efforts of Kelcema Productions, launched on April 1st, 2014.
By relaunching our Live Audio business into a new company structure, we can focus our efforts on quality concerts, festivals and parades. We've retained the main focus of Kelcema Productions:
To provide quality events,
while keeping costs down.
Our Sound Engineering Crew:
• David Salonen, Operations Manager (Seattle Based)
• Steve Branson (Portland Based)
• Jeff Lombardi (Portland Based)
• Alex Marine (Portland Based)
... and other freelance contractors as needed. We've got a large rolodex of talent to draw upon as needed!
If you are interested in joining our team, please email us! We always accept résumés from highly qualified individuals, and will keep your application on file for a period of six months from the date we receive it.
We offer competitive rates of pay, provide all gear for events, along with transportation out of Seattle (and lodging if applicable) when needed, plus plenty of perks. See our RedBull fridge that is mounted in a road case, and lives on the truck! We also extend an amazing Employee Discount for use of company equipment when it is available. You should be fun, enthusiastic, and dedicated to upholding our high standards of service!
-- basic employment ad --
KELCEMA AUDIO, INC is always looking for fun, energetic and enthusiastic people to join our team of independent contractors for live audio events! We need new technicians in both Seattle and Portland to handle our growing roster of clients. Most of our events are during the summer, but we do events year round, so the events don't stop when the sunshine does. Experience counts, but so does a passion for music, and the ability to think quickly on the feet.
- working weekends (Friday to Sunday), and can involve long days.
- Self-sufficient and Reliable. You have a reliable vehicle to get to the event or to meeting with our trucks, with a valid driver's license, and a good driving record. (I won't check, but I'd prefer it if you not get in an accident while speeding to a gig!) Please note if you have a CDL or other professional driving certifications. You'll get event and client information from our office, and be expected to handle all stated responsibilities, including showing up on time.
- Exposed to the best of the current industry technology, including digital consoles, line array sound systems and electrical power generation.
- "Behind the scenes" for many major events in the Pacific Northwest. Don't gawk.
The Ideal Candidate...
- Knows how to "over-under" cables.
- Has an advanced technical knowledge of sound systems, including microphones, consoles, monitors, and festival stage operations.
- Knows when to buckle down to the work, but also when to speak up! Practices safe power and rigging principles at all times. If they notice something wrong, they speak up to ensure safety of the whole team.
- Is customer-service oriented. We believe that the customer is not always right, because that's a "win-lose" mentality. We don't just
rent our customers gear, we partner to provide a successful presentation. We satisfy our clients by providing unparalleled quality of service to the client, their staff, their vendors, their sponsors-- and to the public!
- Is a Salesperson- can confidently sell our company, our services, and extras not only at our events, but also at planning meetings and trade shows.
- Is professional, in his/her dealings with customers, other vendors, and the office staff. Our clients rave about the professional service that they receive from our staff.
And most importantly- wants to have fun working for a small but growing Sound and Event Production company!
Your résumé should be submitted to hr @ kelcema.com (Remove spaces, of course!). Please include any relevant sound/audio experience, paid or not, as well as a head shot if available. Finally, we would appreciate one to two references that can attest to your skills, attitude, or experience. Those chosen for interviews will be contacted for an in-person interview with the company owner. All applicants will receive a response.
Compensation is commensurate upon experience. We pay above-average wages.
Thank you for your time- we look forward to hearing from you!
A Partial Client List
• American Cancer Society
• Arthritis Foundation
• Audio NW
• Boy Scouts of America
• Building Industry Association of Clark County
• Carlson Sound and Lights
• City of Seattle
• Columbia Gorge Interpretive Center
• Cornish College of the Arts
• DJ Time Collapse
• Ed Shaw Entertainment
• Everfree Northwest
• Every Element Productions
• Face Vocal Band
• Festivals, Inc
• Gary Mason Entertainment
• Guerilla Audio
• Hmong Association of Washington
• Hollywood Lights
• Human Rights Campaign
• Ideas Incorporated
• Imperial Sovereign Court of Raintree Empire
• Imperial Sovereign Court of Tacoma
• Les Faeries Vertes
• LeTip International
• Lifelong AIDS Alliance
• Linfield College
• London Couture
• Midway Production Services
• Morgan Sound
• National Scholastic Press Association
• Neighbours Nightclub
• Northwest Museums of Lore
• OneEleven Music
• Order of the Arrow
• Oregon State University
• Oyster Bay Inn
• People's Co-Op
• Presentation Technologies
• Pyramid Staging & Events
• R Place
• Saturday In The Park
• Seamless Events
• Seattle Counseling Service
• Seattle Jewish Theatre Company
• Seattle Marathon Association
• Seattle Men's Chorus and Seattle Women's Chorus
• Seattle Pride
• Seattle PrideFest, LLC
• Seattle Seahawks
• Seattle Sounders
• Soulful Giving Foundation
• Starborne Sound Systems
• Stroum Jewish Community Center
• Trader Joe's
• Tulalip Casino
• Uniting Souls
• University of Washington
• Volunteers of America
• West Cafe
• West Coast Event Productions
• Western Oregon University
A Partial Event List
• APEX Project
• Arthritis Walk (Bellevue, Tacoma)
• Ballard Fall Fishermen's Festival
• Boyz II Men at the Tulalip Amphitheater
• Bryan McKnight at the Tulalip Amphitheater
• Cannabis Freedom March
• Capitol Hill Pride Festival
• CatButt Festival
• CCWA Annual Banquet (2016)
• Douglas County Fair, Oregon
• Duran Duran at Comcast XFinity Arena, Everett, WA
• Family Day at Cal Anderson Park (Presented by PrideFest Seattle)
• Furlandia (Portland, OR, 2016)
• FURther Confusion, San Jose, CA, 2016
• Goddess Festival
• Hmong New Year's Celebration
• Human Nature Festival
• ICON (A Fundraiser for Seattle Counseling Service)
• ICRA 2015
• Imperial Court Coronation 2010, Raintree Empire
• Imperial Court Coronation 2011, Tacoma
• Kinetic at Pacific Science Center
• LeTip Power Networking Event
• Magnetic at Pacific Science Center
• Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
• Microsoft's Windows 10 Launch Event, Summer 2015
• Northwest Harvest Festival
• North Bend Block Party
• Oregon Brewers Festival
• Oregon Country Jamboree
• Pat Benetar and Neil Giraldo at The Tulalip Amphitheater
• Photosynthesis Festival
• Port Orchard Jingle Bell Run
• Portland Pirate Festival
• Portland Pride Festival
• Pride Asia
• Prosperity Festival
• RainFurrest (Since 2008)
• Red, White and Blues Festival
• Relay for Life (Multiples since 2004)
• Rick Springfield at The Tulalip Amphitheater
• Rock N Roll Marathon, Seattle WA (2016)
• Run 21 "Resurrection"
• Saturday In The Park (2008-2015)
• Seahawks Pre-Game Rallies
• Seattle Children's Hospital Fundraising Gala at Safeco Field
• Seattle Pride presents Volunteer Park Festival (Since 2010)(Formerly Seattle Pride Family Picnic)
• Seattle Pride Parade (Exclusive Provider Since 2007)
• Seattle PrideFest (Key Supplier since 2007)
• Seattle Trans Pride
• Seattle Marathon Association 10K
• Seattle Marathon Association 5K
• Seattle Marathon Association Kid's Run
• Soulful Giving Foundation Blanket Concert
• Strutt For A Mutt
• Summer Meltdown
• The Seattle Marathon (Since 2013)
• Timberline Reboot
• Tulalip Casino Team Day
• tune.com "Geeks in the Woods" Engineering Retreat
• Wallingford Family Festival
• Wanderlust 108 (2016: Portland, OR & Redmond, WA)
• XBox One Launch Event
• 2014 Zillow Holiday Party